Orijen | Tundra Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Dogs have no biological requirement for carbohydrates, which is why ORIJEN Tundra limits carbohydrates to 20%, all of which are low-glycemic or slow-release.
The more protein in a food, the less room there is for carbohydrates. ORIJEN Tundra is a high-protein, low-carbohydrate food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which digest slowly and reduce the potential for fat storage.
Most conventional pet foods contain high-glycemic or fast carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are recognized as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% meat and fish ingredients (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 40% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of meat and fish ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried meats and fish are prepared from fresh meats and whole fish, deemed fit for human consumption, and dried at 90°C to create a concentrated source of protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains